Let's Help Fix the Music Industry
Senior Front-End Engineer
Trqk is a stealth mode startup based in Silicon Valley and Nashville that is focused on the big problem of modernizing the music performance royalty ecosystem. Our turnkey platform is being designed to bring A) more money, more quickly to songwriters, B) less long-term cost to the networks in the form of performance royalties, and C) more transparency to all parties over how music is being used, compared to today's antiquated and inefficient ecosystem.
The company has been co-founded by music industry and Silicon Valley software entrepreneurs with a long track record of success. David Della Santa has 20+ years in the music industry and served as founder of production music company *********, and is a veteran music producer, music supervisor and composer. Sathvik Krishnamurthy is founder of SLC, a seed stage investor/incubator, and was previously a three time cybersecurity entrepreneur, resulting in two IPOs, and one strategic acquisition by HP in 2015.
The company has recently raised a seed financing round and is looking for engineers to join our early team and be part of building our MVP. We are looking for those special people with the passion and creative drive to join our mission to bring songwriters across the globe a much stronger opportunity to make the money they deserve. Join us to transform this industry!
If you call yourself a rock-star, ninja, or guru, we won't hold that against you as long as you have the skill set to build and ship web-based, React. If your skills extend to building mobile apps with React Native, that would be even better
- We're a startup - continuous ideation and innovation are baseline responsibilities.
- Build desktop application using React and Electron that emphasizes quality and usability.
- Leverage creative problem solving to get results.
- Collaborate with users, developers, designers, marketing, and business stakeholders
- (Web) Integrate applications with RESTful APIs
- (Web) Modern development workflow using standard tools such as npm, webpack, babel etc.
- (Web) Experience with web3js a huge plus. (It's OK if you haven't done this previously, but you'll be using web3 quite a bit.)
- UI/UX Experience and/or education also a plus, along with graphic and HCI (human-computer interaction) or graphic design.
- Comfortable being the primary owner of a codebase
- Able to write clear code, as well as communicate and document your work
- Guide projects to completion, on time and to plan
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work across functional teams
- Passionate about remote work
- We do not care if you have a degree or not. All we care about is that you are passionate about your craft
- Your code is your resume. We'll need to see some GitHub and/or other repo URLs prior to starting a conversation. If you don't have these, sorry, we can't be friends.
- If you blog on technical topics or speak at technical conferences, we'll see you at the front of the line.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Senior Web Engineer with React Experience