| Quick Search:
To achieve Leica sales and profitability goals within an assigned territory
through the implementation of aggressive, direct end-user selling techniques.
* Achieve monthly, quarterly, annual and strategic product mix sales goals
for the territory.
* Plan and schedule face-to-face account calls to current and potential
end-users of Leica products.
* Identify and develop key accounts in the territory.
* Manage assigned national accounts within territory requiring corporate
coordination to enable closure and compliance of contracts.
* Install/set-up & train when necessary instrumentation in customer
laboratories and perform demonstrations.
* Prepare monthly territory status reports for Regional Sales Manager.
* Manage operating expenses within assigned budgets.
* Coordinate with all Specialists (ISS/FSS/CSE/ASC) within assigned
territory. Serve as primary account contact/coordinator.
* Participate in sales meetings and national and local trade shows as
appropriate and authorized.
* Create and maintain a customer database in SFDC of Organization, Primary
Contacts, Installs (Leica and Competitor), for all customers in the
territory within the corporate guidelines established for data input.
* Create Pre-Call Plans for the upcoming week & report all sales Activities
in SFDC, due by the start of business each Monday.
* Maintain the status of all Sales Opportunities in SFDC. Assure that all
Opportunities are updated (including projected close dates & probability)
by the last day of each week.
* Maintain a positive, productive relationship with all clients & respond
to all phone call & emails within 24 hours.
* Be punctual for all appointments, meetings, conference calls & WebEx
* Be up-to-date on all product & DHR compliance training.
Education: BA/BS in Life Sciences or equivalent experience
* 1-3 years sales experience.
* Understanding of Histology marketplace or a related discipline.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills
Education: Masters Degree
* 1-3 years Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research or
industrial setting preferred
* 1-3 years capital sales experience preferred
* Experience with ************** preferred
* Must Possess a valid Driver s license
* Up to 50% travel required within designated territory. Most of the
overnight travel will be to attend trades shows and sales meetings.
* Excellent time management and organization skills are a must.
* Must possess excellent customer relations/service skills.
* Self-motivated and independent thought are critical.
* Goal oriented, results driven.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are key.
* Work independently but able to interact as part of a team member.
* Good selling, negotiating, closing and account management skills.
* Ability to comprehend scientific applications/markets.
* Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, SAP,
* VP Sales
* Sr. VP & GM
* Marketing, HR, Comm. Ops, Customer Support & Corp Accounts
* Sales Reps
* Customers in hospitals & labs at all levels.
* Trade associations, vendors, key distributors & competitors.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required
to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with
hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision,
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of
airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an
office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise
level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
* Frequent visits to customer sites.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and
inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page Diversity and Inclusi
is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core
values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity
employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As
the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely
positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission
of Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives is at the heart of
corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help
improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is
represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9
countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an
international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch,
Germany. Visit ******************* for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender,
age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-
employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our
customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our
world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive
industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and
applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by
a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which
serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year.
We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P
500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our
brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're
innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people
to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus
execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders.
Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key
components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based
on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
North America-North America-United States-GA-Atlanta
North America-North America-United States-TN-Nashville, North America-North
America-United States-TN-Knoxville, North America-North America-United States-
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Sales Specialist - Core Histology Instruments