| Quick Search:
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary
artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music
industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra,
Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner,
Sire, Spinnin , Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville
as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers,
with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly
sought-after BUSINESS AND LEGAL AFFAIRS team at WARNER MUSIC NASHVILLE.
* Negotiate and draft a wide variety of complex music industry agreements,
including recording agreements, merchandising agreements, fan club
agreements, collateral entertainment agreements, label deals, profit
split deals, soundtrack album agreements, producer agreements,
manufacturing and distribution agreements, and various types of licenses.
* Liaise with all other departments of the company to answer questions and
ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations
* Review artwork, video treatments, video rough cuts and other audio and
audiovisual recordings to assess potential risks and claims.
* Review mastering requests to ensure that all releases have been cleared
(or the risk of non-clearance has been understood and assumed) prior to
* Provide ongoing advice to Business Affairs Administration department on
contractual interpretation, standards and clearance related issues.
* Work with Rhino to facilitate clearance requests.
* Provide advice to Audit and Finance departments on contractual
interpretation and audit strategy; negotiate and draft final settlements.
* Review royalty statements of major artists and statements which are
substantially payable to ensure accuracy.
* Work with WEA and Finance and Sales departments regarding pricing issues
for digital releases and assessing risks of various sales programs;
develop strategies to resolve issues.
* Manage claims and outside counsel as necessary.
* J.D. and authorization to practice law in TN
* 5-7 years experience in Business & Legal Affairs department of major
* Demonstrated drafting and negotiation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively
interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective
relationships externally and internally at all organizational levels.
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up
of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a
nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the
music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of
the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music
Click the Apply link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying
LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will
still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don t be discouraged if you don t hear from us right away. We re
our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here,
and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and
diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the
basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity,
national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial
status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected
basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to
individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because
of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please
send an e-mail to ******************* and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information.
Copyright 2019 Warner Music Inc.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: VP, Legal Business Affairs