Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Date Posted: 11/16/2019
Job Code: 2165
- Works directly with manufacturing and quality engineering personnel to assure existing and new equipment and processes are installed correctly to maintain good process control, including TPM, PM and safe operation.
- Specializes in areas of process control engineering, such as system design, process control, product evaluation, systems performance, hardware performance, automated testing, software, research and development, and administrative application.
- Maps plant processes, flow sheets, instrument diagrams, etc. to ensure that the manufacturing processes are capable of meeting quality and throughput needs of our customers. Development of a VSM and scheduling of Kaizen events is a key deliverable for each process.
- Application of Lean Six Sigma methods for process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare and run tests to improve the process/equipment.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting process output.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on process control activities.
- Trains and directs workers engaged in measuring, testing, and tabulating data concerning process performance and control.
- Recommends revisions and updates for standard operating procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Develops quality control and inspection test plans as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; with two to four years directly related training and/or experience with PLC programing and automation skills preferred.
- Understanding of control theory, including application of feedback mechanisms and automated process controls.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: Chromalox
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Process Engineer