About the Job
As a Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Crewmember, you play a vital role in maintaining 'the rocket's red glare.' The MLRS is a highly specialized system, using different pieces of equipment, and is operated by a team of professionals. Depending on your role, you will establish, maintain, and operate MLRS equipment to support infantry and tank units by supplementing cannon artillery during combat.
- Drive and maintain the self-propelled launch vehicles
- Reload ammunition and resupply vehicles
- Test and maintain the fire control systems
- Mount radio sets and communication systems in all vehicles
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to multitask
In this role, you will learn vital skills applicable in any civilian career: skills such as teamwork, discipline, strategic thinking, and leadership. You will also learn to use various computer systems used to calculate target locations and in communications.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for the Multiple Launch Rocket System Crewmember begins with 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills. Then, you'll attend Advanced Individual Training for four weeks to learn specifics of your chosen specialty. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in a field environment.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see ***************** for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Multiple Launch Rocket System Crewmember