insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance we deliver the kind of healthcare th
people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and
strategic thinkers who are excited about the impact technology can have on
healthcare. We're looking for an Actuary to join our team who is interested in
taking the actuarial discipline into the new era of data science tools and
workflows! In this role, you will partner and help support a core area of
responsibility for our Actuarial team.
* Lead actuarial aspects of Medicare Advantage bidding process.
* Perform financial analyses of new markets.
* Develop mid and long range forecasts of revenue and medical expense.
* Contribute to monthly financial close process, including the development
of actuarial accruals and analysis of results.
* Communicate key results to executives and functional leads.
* Help develop the medium and long term vision of Clover s actuarial
* You are passionate about actuarial science and want to take your
experience to the next level.
* You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient and are
excited about the prospect of leveraging data science techniques to do
* You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative,
transparent work environment.
* You want to make an impact. From project scope to priority to
implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
* You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member
of the American Academy of Actuaries.
* You have at least five years of experience in health insurance, including
Medicare Advantage bidding activities.
* You have an interest in building automated tools around actuarial
* You have experience in Insurance Reserving or skills in SQL or Python,
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for
employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We are an E-
About Clover:We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data
with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare
system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our
clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who
need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the
quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate
and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working
together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our
success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with
different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for
improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity,
but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion
and many other parts of one s identity. All of our employee s points o
view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide
accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require
accommodations, please email *************************** with the details of
your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the
recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation
process or hiring decisions.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Senior Actuary