Manager Customer Support Underwriting
Manages team of professional Underwriters (JR and SR) tasked with review and
Underwriting of Life and Health Insurance policies following regulatory and
client guidelines. Ensures resolution of customer/agent problems received via
the telephone and/or Internet, interfaces with re insurers and client Chief
Underwriters to insure the team consistently follows guidelines, enhances
skills and knowledge and exceeds all production/quality metrics established
internally or by Clients.
* Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Underwriting team assisting in
workflow, case management/review and approval where needed.
* Conveys feedback on Underwriting processes to Clients in order to
continuously improve client satisfaction and quality work.
* Manages staff to ensure service level agreements for products and
services are met. Schedules staff to adequately handle call volume,
caseload and training activities. Manages personnel activities of staff
(i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines,
recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
* Manages functional activities and contributes to overall service
profitability by efficiently using staff and systems in the Underwriting
team. Improves quality and responsiveness of support staff and resources.
* Serves as a mentor to the team of Underwriters fostering an environment
of Continuous Improvement, job training and development to insure the
team maximizes all training opportunities. Establishes a clear career
progression program for the team to maximize career opportunities
* Contributes to overall service revenue by generating new and creative
ideas to sell add-on services. Promotes sales of various service options.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in business management, computer science or related
* Five or more years of Senior Underwriting experience
* Five or more years of leadership or supervisory experience
* Experience working with Insurance and Underwriting products and systems
* Experience working with all customer support areas
* Experience working with fax machines, computer software, and telephone
* Strong business and analytical problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong ability to multi-task and work independently
* Office environment or Work from Home as needed
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Underwriting Customer Service Manager