Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Date Posted: 11/21/2019
Job Code: 2168
Responsible for receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventory in the stockroom.
- Removes shipped materials from delivery vehicles and moves to designated storage area.
- Receives inventory or equipment into stockroom and process or store as required.
- Stages inventory and maintains kitting systems for parts and orders utilized in production areas and for assigned project orders using production schedules.
- Utilizes pick lists to pull and kit all parts necessary for assigned production orders.
- Responsible for timely material issue resolution to ensure on time shipping commitments.
- Follows priority dispatch list in setting up and prioritizing work with assigned work teams.
- Coordinates the establishment of locations for all floor-stocked materials and stockroom items in the area.
- Maintains the accuracy and timely completion of KanBan cards and material transactions.
- Responsible for timely reports and logs; accounts for all replenishment orders and part shortages and outages.
- Responsible for timely completion of JDE transactions for materials received and issued.
- Processes and manages returns to vendor.
- Perform inventory research and cycle count for accuracy.
- Plans, prepares, and packs product for customer shipments.
- Selects materials for packing or protections of product and method of bracing or blocking to prevent shifting or damage while in transit.
- Checks against packing list for inclusion of all components and parts.
- Restocks merchandise.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on machines as scheduled and required for TPM.
- Worked individually and as a team to develop and implement quality and efficiency improvements.
- Conducts tests and inspections of products, or processes to evaluate quality or performance; examines products or work to verify conformance to specifications.
- Other duties as assigned through identified and established process improvements.
- General education.
- One - two years relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to handle 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to operate automated order scanner.
- Ability to operate fork truck, hand trucks, and other equipment in the warehouse area.
- Computer skills: ability to perform and analyze transactions in ERP system.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Contact Name: Chromalox
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Shipping/Receiving Associate