Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that
includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective
maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support
needed; after hour phone support, Holiday and weekend on-site and
phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and
Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct
supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance
with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
* Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently
been provided service. Ensure service was complete and
satisfactory to the customers' needs.
* Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and
* Complete service documentation, as required, by the position
function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in
accordance with current GMP requirements.
* Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense
* Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for
field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and
other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and
System Support Engineering Manager.
* Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by
current corporate fleet policy.
* Maintain company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor
requirements, as well as maintain vehicle cleanliness and
organization at all times.
* Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on the business needs
* Required to complete all administrative documentation required by
the position in a timely basis.
* May be required to be available 24x7 via phone or pager and rotate
in schedule of on-call status
* Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves
the team processes to create a more efficient work environment
The ideal candidate would be a Certified Biomedical Equipment
Technician (CBET), possess an A.A.S. in Biomedical / Electronics
Technology with at least 4 years of Biomedical experience. Individual
must possess good communication and customer service skills, needs to
be able to function with little supervision.
* High School Diploma/GED is required.
* Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering
* Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet BD's auto safety standards.
* Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and
electro-mechanical devices. Some robotics experience is a plus.
* Must have effective communication and customer service skills
including technical writing and training.
* Must have effective interpersonal skills,
organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
* Minimum 4 years of recent relevant field service experience in
servicing complex electronics also required.
* Experience with medical devices and equipment,
PCs/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is
* PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly
* Must be able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs
* Must be able to handle bending and stooping over a prolong period
of time (up to 10 hours)
* Must be able to handle prolong standing (up to 10 hours per day)
* Must be able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs
* Must wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required by
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements
of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer
information and uses it for improvements in products and services;
acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective
relationships with customers and gains their respect
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult
problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for
answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis;
looks beyond the obvious and doesn t stop at the first answers.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values
time; concentrates on his/her efforts on the more important
priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a
broad range of activities
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others doing
what s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the
trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn
new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company
product or technical knowledge.
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Baltimore
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Field Service Engineer - Nashville TN