| Quick Search:
The Data Architect develops and deploys architecture, standards, and processes
to improve the management of information and data throughout the organization.
Expected to work independently across multiple teams, he or she oversees the
expansion of enterprise data as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives. In
this role, the candidate will utilize technology, communication, and leadership
skills to manage a multi-platform and hybrid-cloud data environment across the
Corporate Payments business.
* Develop enterprise data architecture: define the principles for
acquisition, storage, enterprise data services, and data access for a
variety of use-cases.
* Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a
current and accurate view of the larger data picture
* Explain data architecture concepts to the business and engineering
community and relate them to business problems then solutions
* Define and discuss high level requirements, solution design, and business
data stewardship through a variety of techniques when working with
business partners, third party groups and internal staff
* Act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data
processing best practices
* Lead multiple projects and efforts to orchestrate and deliver cohesive
data solutions in partnership with related architectural teams
* Collaborate with IT teams, software providers and business owners to
predict and devise data architecture that addresses business needs for
collection, aggregation and interaction with multiple data streams
Key Performance Indicators
* Data Flow and Master Data - Map, rationalize, model, and manage FleetCor
* Integration Provide consistency and availability of core business
data across the organization
* Governance - Apply governance, stewardship, and frameworks for modeling
and managing data and changes
The Ideal Candidate
Education And Experience
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science, engineering or quantitative field
* Minimum ten years of experience in database administration and design
* Minimum eight years of experience in data-engineering-related field
Required Knowledge And Skill
* Expert knowledge of data modeling, logical/physical database design, and
* Deep experience with NoSQL databases, data visualization, and
* Deep experience architecting and implementing solutions on RDBMS
platforms such as Oracle, DB2, and SQLServer
* Strong foundation in all phases of system development lifecycle from
requirements gathering through delivery
* Experience implementing end-to-end architecture and design for big data,
cloud, data warehouse, and business intelligence
* Experience with advanced SQL including writing complex, multi-stage
transformations, user-defined functions, stored procedures, and tuning
* Experience scheduling, structuring, and owning data transformation jobs
that span multiple systems and having volume and time requirements
* Experience with cloud-based data storage systems from AWS and/or Azure
* Deep understanding of financial services with experience in payment
* Ability to partner with development teams through outstanding
collaboration and communication
Drives to Win - Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging
objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of
excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance.
Communicates Clearly and Effectively - The ability to effectively share ideas,
thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to
development two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written
communication skills; the ability to influence others towards a desired way of
thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve common goals
through effective negotiation.
Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability - Is open and receptive to
appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and
to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs;
possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to
Focuses on Customer Service -A desire to help or meet the needs of customers;
the ability to respond to the changing needs of the customer while maintaining
a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards,
practices and processes.
Teamwork - Is able to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative
relationships with customer and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across
organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding
of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering
collaboration and an
environment of mutual trust and respect.
Builds Relationships - The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and
informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external
stakeholder; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive
outcomes for the business.
Develops Self - Maintains a commitment to personal and professional
development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally
committed to and actively works to continuously improve self.
Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems
with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate
a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and
implement the best solution in a timely manner.
Manages and ExecutesonProjects - Establishes plans and manages resources to
ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget.
Acts with Integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior- Interacts with others in
a way that gives them confidence in ones motives and representations and
those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences,
promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on
personal accountability and a moral conviction to do the right thing.
If you are looking for a GREAT work environment with a GROWTH- ORIENTED
company, look no further!
* Benefits on the first of the month following your hire date- no matter
when you are hired during the month!
* Automatic enrollment into the 401k plan within your first thirty (30)
days on the job: no more waiting until you ve been with the company f
* Projected company growth trajectory that shows double-digit year over
year growth through both organic growth as well as acquisitions.
* Fun environment with contests and prizes!
* Inclusive environment that promotes career growth!
* Monthly employee appreciation and wellness events!
* An on-site gym and weekly discounted onsite car wash services
* Robust PTO policy including: major holidays, vacation, sick days, and
* Discounts at major wireless providers, wholesale grocery stores, and gyms
* Philanthropic support with both local and national organizations
About The Company
FLEETCOR Technologies (NYSE:FLT) is a leading global provider of commercial
payment solutions. The Company helps businesses of all sizes better control,
simplify and secure payment of their fuel, toll, lodging and other general
payables. With its proprietary payment acceptance networks, FLEETCOR provides
affiliated merchants with incremental sales and loyalty. FLEETCOR serves
businesses, partners and merchants in North America, Latin America, Europe, and
Australasia. For more information, please visit .
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, FLEETCOR
generates more than $2.25 billion in revenue through brands such as Fuelman and
Comdata. We employ more than 8,000 valued associates worldwide.
FLEETCOR Enjoys Global Recognition Including
* Forbes Global Growth Champion FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest
growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
* Forbes World s Most innovative Companies FLEETCOR has made thi
prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
* Fortune 1000 Company FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the
new rankings of the largest companies in America, rising 92 spots to #896
* S&P 500 In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of t
500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
FLEETCOR has a culture founded on integrity, collaboration, innovation,
execution and people. This offers each employee the opportunity to thrive
grow thru career development, volunteer, community and wellness
initiatives allowing each individual to create a balance between profession
goals and personal achievement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process,
please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation
will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and
pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency .
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Data Architect